Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Photo A Day

It's the big thing in scrapbooking at the moment. There's flickr pages dedicated to it and it's on nearly everyone's blog. I don't think I could do it! Taking a photo everyday and uploading it, sounds like an onerous task. Making sure each photo is interesting and well composed -near on impossible.

Then I decided to think about the positives of such a project. I realized the idea wasn't to create awesome shots every single day, but simply to be using the camera every single day. To capture the everyday, to learn, to photograph things that are often missed. I decided it's kind of like how I view special occasions through my viewfinder, but using my camera to view my everyday. So even though it's 13 days into the New Year, I decided to take on this task. If if I miss a day or five, who cares? It's important that I just shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment